- Wow.... i only wish footy was still as real as it was back
in the day.
- Blighty is genuinely shattered, must have been very hard for
him to go
through it all again.
- where is paul
- Brereton was a prick.
- "i see him..... im frightened" what a doco,more than a
- Now you see how bad Geelong is
- if i could go back anytime id go there
- Football was great back then. Definitely tougher and
- 44years old here. I went to Scotch College at the time and
the Hawks used
to train at Scotch every Thursday afternoon
and Dermie, Dipper, Bucks,
Dunstall, and all the boys would
stand around scarfing ciggies until
Jeansie would show up
and then all of a sudden half a dozen cigs would be
anywhere so that Yabs wouldn't see them and then the lads
wind up and go to work on the Lower or Main
oval. Then on Saturday they
just would decimate the
opposition......I saw it, you ask them, they played
Yabbie, they destroyed us in 86 and we won a fine victory by
such an absolutely steamrolling opposition in
87...........they are and
always will be the greatest team
of the 80's if not ever.
- Better footy, better players, better rules, better
commentators. How I miss
- Go Hawthorn!
- I'd love to see that Dermie footage in real speed. Just
- Would do anything in the world to have the old AFL rules
- Do you have 1971 Final Story?
- I didn't know Gordon Ramsay played AFL?
- I watched this grand final on Beta Tape as a 5 year old and
it very clearly! One of the greatest
- still wont show the low gutless second hit by yates that hit
derm when he
was down, low life yates, deserved all you got
in the following years in
bars and pubs around the place,
- Most Epic Grand final in AFL history. It was a bloodbath,
players from both
sides going down. By 3 qtr time hawthorn
had no bench and had to hold on,
and half the players on
the filed were injured and hurting badly. Gary
are a superstar 9 goals.
- Awesome game.
- greatest grand final ever in my opinion
- From all those points behind to one goal, great effort from
- amazing game - pity the cats couldnt get p - but it was
close and what a
spectical - congrats to the hawks - they
really toughed it out to the end
and got just deserts
- Bad hair, good football.
- Garbage truck story is an absolute classic.
- The 1966,1970,1979,1989,2002 2005 and 2006 Grand Final were
finals of them all
User rating: 4.786408/5
Views on youtube: 55973
1989 - Hawthorn V Geelong. No other word than EPIC accurately describes the encounter between Geelong and Hawthorn. Could the fast and supremely skilled Geelong with the mercurial Gary Ablett Senior running
1989 - Hawthorn V Geelong. No other word than EPIC accurately describes the encounter between Geelong and Hawthorn. Could the fast and supremely skilled Geelong with the mercurial Gary Ablett Senior running rampant overcome a decade of dominance from the Hawks