- Brereton was a prick.
- Football was great back then. Definitely tougher and
- still wont show the low gutless second hit by yates that hit
derm when he
was down, low life yates, deserved all you got
in the following years in
bars and pubs around the place,
- Blighty is genuinely shattered, must have been very hard for
him to go
through it all again.
- Wow.... i only wish footy was still as real as it was back
in the day.
- Would love to see 'good for football'. if anyone knows where
to find it
please let me know. Thanks
- if i could go back anytime id go there
- Would do anything in the world to have the old AFL rules
- 44years old here. I went to Scotch College at the time and
the Hawks used
to train at Scotch every Thursday afternoon
and Dermie, Dipper, Bucks,
Dunstall, and all the boys would
stand around scarfing ciggies until
Jeansie would show up
and then all of a sudden half a dozen cigs would be
anywhere so that Yabs wouldn't see them and then the lads
wind up and go to work on the Lower or Main
oval. Then on Saturday they
just would decimate the
opposition......I saw it, you ask them, they played
Yabbie, they destroyed us in 86 and we won a fine victory by
such an absolutely steamrolling opposition in
87...........they are and
always will be the greatest team
of the 80's if not ever.
- Better footy, better players, better rules, better
commentators. How I miss
- Do you have 1971 Final Story?
- I watched this grand final on Beta Tape as a 5 year old and
it very clearly! One of the greatest
- I didn't know Gordon Ramsay played AFL?
- Awesome game.
- Most Epic Grand final in AFL history. It was a bloodbath,
players from both
sides going down. By 3 qtr time hawthorn
had no bench and had to hold on,
and half the players on
the filed were injured and hurting badly. Gary
are a superstar 9 goals.
- greatest grand final ever in my opinion
- amazing game - pity the cats couldnt get p - but it was
close and what a
spectical - congrats to the hawks - they
really toughed it out to the end
and got just deserts
- Bad hair, good football.
- From all those points behind to one goal, great effort from
- Garbage truck story is an absolute classic.
- The 1966,1970,1979,1989,2002 2005 and 2006 Grand Final were
finals of them all
- The legend gets bigger every year!
- Does anyone know the music playing from 16.59, when Dermott
about the broken ribs? Thanks
- Great show, but fails to mention that the Cats' main ruckman
Damien Burke was injured in the first quarter and
didn't play almost the
entire game. And the fact that
Geelong missed a number of shots on goal in
quarter and could have easily won the game...Not excuses but
- lol facts hawk players got injured due to cats in first
seconds of the game
ie dermie and a split kidney ! let
alone punctured lung of Dipper fact we
won would be why it
was about hawks fact it was filmed by a hawk would also
why ! you field your best side no excuses on who was out and
shots for goals Gary kicked 9 did he not mmmmm norm
smith winner at that
mmmm stop moaning you lost hawks won
deal with it
User rating: 4.8554215/5
Views on youtube: 44726
1989 - Hawthorn V Geelong. No other word than EPIC accurately describes the encounter between Geelong and Hawthorn. Could the fast and supremely skilled Geelong with the mercurial Gary Ablett Senior running
1989 - Hawthorn V Geelong. No other word than EPIC accurately describes the encounter between Geelong and Hawthorn. Could the fast and supremely skilled Geelong with the mercurial Gary Ablett Senior running rampant overcome a decade of dominance from the Hawks